Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Sweet Home Alabama

Southern accents are not all the same. Alabamians do not sound the same as Georgians, and I've had to remind myself several times- "I live in Alabama now." I'm still getting used to saying that. Not that it's bad! Just different.
I'm finally starting to settle in. I've unpacked all the boxes (and put almost everything away). I still need to find a couch, and I'm pretty sure that will help my apartment feel more like a home. It's small and cozy, though, and I really like where I'm living. It's mostly fun finding my way around a new city... a little lonely sometimes, but I'm sure that will change soon. Work has been good so far; I'm filling in temporarily at a different Starbucks until my new store opens. And I'm slowly meeting the students from the BCM, and they're all great. It's fun!
Relocating to Birmingham was definitely a good move; I'm thankful that God opened this door. I'm in a cool new town, closer to my family, closer to Rob... (for those of you thinking, "who is Rob?!?!"- he deserves his own blog introduction, and I promise that one will be next after I get a few new pictures this weekend!) Life is good.

3 comments:

Sher said...

Hey girly! Glad you are making it okay! I'm so excited for this opportunity! Keep me updated!

Amy said...

Um, yeah . . . you better be posting some pics AND a full Rob feature very, very, soon. By the way, I now have a link to your blog on mine!

And yes, I definitely want to head your way this summer. We'll have to email and figure out some dates.

Amy said...

Okay...I'm waiting for the Rob post! :)