Monday, July 24, 2006

Life is full of Surprises

It was my turn to drive up to see Rob this weekend, so I decided to go a day early and surprise him. I had to make some phone calls and do a little detective work to track him down once I got to Jackson, but I managed to get to Union just as Rob was walking out to his car. He was calling me on the phone when he looked up and saw me in the parking lot... it was fun watching him!
We had kind of a low-key weekend, which was just what we both needed. We went to a baseball game for a little while Friday night (we didn't stay because it was HOT as Hades!), ran some errands and did a little yard work, played a game, watched a movie... It was great just to relax!
The baseball game was the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx vs. the Mongomery Biscuits. Yup- the biscuits! There's a fierce opponent for you! Tough teams or not, it was fun to go out to the game for a while.
Sunday evenings are always the worst part of the weekend. It's not the drive, but the goodbye that always stinks.
And today was Monday again; back to work... it's a good thing I love my job!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow--two posts in eight days! I'm impressed!!:)

I hate that I'm not going to be heading your way this weekend--we could have had a whole post devoted to pie. Definitely a post in the future, though.

I'm actually in a Starbucks right this minute, sipping an iced tea lemonade and figuring out a pre-AP syllabus. I'm making good use of my time--well, except for the breaks I take to check people's blogs. :)

RC said...

Mongomery Biscuits...you gotta be kidding!

Sher said...

My friend's husband plays for the biscuits. Maniscalco, the short stop.