Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Broke down

Yesterday was "one of those days"... First, I found out my foot was broken, and then my car's brakes! I was on the verge of tears more than once- not a great Monday.

So, I told you a few weeks ago about running the Race for the Cure. I didn't feel like it was important to tell you at the time that my foot was killing me the whole time. I've been having issues with my right foot for a while, but I haven't exactly been dilligent about following up with doctors, so I've just been dealing with it. After the race, I decided to try another doc and get to the bottom of the problem. It turns out I have a stress fracture in my fourth metatarsal. They shot my foot full of cortisone told me I'd get to wear a lovely black boot for 5-8 weeks. Fun times!! It's more of an inconvenience than pain. Dear Santa, All I want for Christmas is my right shoe back!




3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad Monday. At least your toes look really spiffy in that black boot. :)

Glo said...

Jess, Sorry to hear about your foot. Hope you are back to two shoes soon!

David Wike said...

As Charlie Brown would say, "Good Grief!!!" How many bones have you broken or messed up in the fourteen years I have known you??? But the important thing is: Your toenails ARE lookin good, even in the boot!