Monday, April 23, 2007

Gainfully employed!

I got the job!!! Interviewed last Monday, got the offer on Friday, and accepted it today to make it official- I'll be the newest National Accounts team member at the Girtman Group, Inc. in Nashville. If you check out their website, you might notice that it's all about doors... yes, I'm venturing over to the foreign (to me) world of commercial construction. Don't laugh- I'm not kidding! I'm really excited about the new challenges that will come with this position, not to mention the opportunities to learn a TON of new things! Don't worry, I won't be building or installing, or even selling doors. I'll be working with the general contractors to find out what they need, when they need it, make sure everything is where it's suppossed to be on time, etc. in a project manager role. I really am looking forward to jumping into something new.
And please don't see this as a walk away from ministry either. There were no full-time positions available with any of the Nashville Baptist Campus Ministries, so I eagerly looked for a job that would put me into contact with real-world lost people on a daily basis. I'm also excited about the chance to fully dive into serving my church- something that is difficult when your job is a full-time ministry. I think this is going to be a good change for me.
I can't believe how quickly my time in Birmingham is coming to a close. The semester here ends Wednesday, and my new job begins on May 1...

No comments: