Monday, May 05, 2008

Happy Cinco de Mayo!


Anyone who knows me at all knows that I could survive on peanut butter and Mexican food. Mexican is probably the one food "category" (genre? ethnic group?) I could eat EVERY SINGLE DAY. Simply put, I love Mexican food. Not as much as Jesus or Rob, but it ranks pretty high up there. In light of that, Cinco de Mayo seemed like a great reason to have a Mexican potluck dinner (even if we had it on Quatro de Mayo!)! Throw together some enchiladas, queso dip, a "pin-yaya", and good friends, and you have a pretty good fiesta!

Me, with Abby and Ellie (she seriously wore those sunglasses the WHOLE time!)

Katie, taking a swing at the "Pin-yaya"

In other news, tomorrow is my last day at Girtman & Associates. It's been a good year, but I can't really say that I'm sad to be leaving the world of construction and doors behind... I'm way too excited about the opportunities ahead of me. And I'm REALLY excited about having over a week off in between jobs! There are so many things I want to do with my time off- finish putting everything away in the bonus room, finish touching up the paint around the house, have lunch with a few friends, go on a day-long retreat, sew a dress, maybe get a pedicure... ask me on May 16 how many of those things I actually accomplished! It will be a good week... maybe I'll start early with a bubble bath right now...

No comments: