Sunday, June 22, 2008

Rob & Jess + 8


Ok, maybe not quite as catchy as "Jon & Kate", but we've got eight little ones on the way too!!! Eight little Roma tomatoes, that is! (Did you think I was talking about babies?!?! As Rob would say, "Are you crazy-outta-your-mind?") We also have 1 "early girl" tomato plant that currently has a baseball sized beauty on it; I keep mistakenly calling it a "big girl" instead of "early girl"! We've been working hard on our tiny little garden, and it will all pay off soon if we can keep the bugs & critters off. I'll take some pictures of my flower bed later this week- after I pull weeds.
Please keep Rob in your prayers this week. He left this morning bound for Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to help with the flood recovery efforts. He brought two of his guys, three trucks, and a huge load of equipment, and is planning to stay at least a week. Pray for protection from injury and flood-related illnesses, for good sleep, and for compassionate spirits for Rob, Lee, and Joe. Pray too that Lee & Joe will see Jesus in Rob this week as they work together, that they will see more to him than just their boss. Pray for me too- it's hard to be separated from my hubby and it hasn't even been a whole day yet! Please ask specifically that I'll be able to sleep well this week without Rob next to me. Pray for the people of Cedar Rapids that Rob & his crew will be helping.

1 comment:

Shanna Bauman said...

Okay so it's literally been a month since you updated your blog - get with it friend! I want to know the latest happening at the Dixon house. This is my only way of keeping up with you since I don't see you very much!