Sunday, November 06, 2005

Random thoughts from a friend...

Sermon illustrations sometimes lead our thoughts in funny directions! I got this email from my good friend, Lorie, and have been meaning to share it... (you crack me up, lo! i love you!)

I was sitting in chapel this morning listening to our speaker when he began sharing about Jesus feeding the multitude in John chapter six. He shared how the Lord abundantly blessed the meager offering of fish and bread and allowed it to feed thousands.

However, as I read along with him in the Bible, I noticed that Scripture ONLY mentions that the disciples collected 12 baskets of BREAD left over after the feeding. NO FISH. In other words, those people "tore up" that fish! It must have been fried!

Of course, I found this humerous at a not-so-much appropriate moment!! I hope you all are having a wonderful day!

No comments: