Friday, December 30, 2005

I never really liked peaches that much

I cannot believe myself. I'm sitting here in the recliner watching the Peach Bowl on ESPN. Up until a couple of hours ago, I was holding a ticket to this game- which is being played right here in Atlanta! Granted, I'm wearing thermals, fleece pajama pants, and a sweatshirt, cuddled up to a box of Kleenex under a blanket and sipping on OJ, and I couldn't be doing any of these things if I was actually at the game. I definitely would rather be at the Georgia Dome.
Toby, you're an angel in the form of a Tiger-- thanks for sending me the ticket!! I just wish I could have used it!
I brought the ticket to a local sports bar and gave it to the girl at the hostess stand- my New Years gift to one of her friends, or some random fan that was crazy enough to take the ticket and go (I finally gave it up about 2 hours before kickoff!) I hope someone is down there having a good time cheering for LSU.
It stinks to be sick. And it stinks to know that I have to be at work at 5am tomorrow. Most of all, though, it stinks to be a grown up, who let those things influence her into staying home tonight. But the game goes on... Geaux tigers!

1 comment:

Amber said...

here's to responsibility!

love your friend who's constantly turning down movie nights to go to bed at 10.30,

amira (or maybe that's more of an amber thing to do, hmmm...amira does need her beauty sleep though!)