Monday, June 25, 2007

Details


Ok, apparently I haven't been giving enough details here, so I'll try to do better!


Rob & I are getting married at 3:00 on Saturday, Sept 1, at Grace Community Church in Nashville (where we're members). Grace is special to us because we were first introduced to the church back in 2002 when they sent their pastor and a team of volunteers to Croatia to minister to the missionaries of Central & Eastern Europe. We both loved the church then, and were excited to participate in this body when Rob relocated back to Nashville last fall. We're each having two attendants- his two brothers and my two sisters, and both of our mentors will take part in officiating the ceremony. My dress is-- yeah right! Like I'd give THAT much detail here!! Oh yeah- colors are black & white, with purple flowers. As much as I love pink, purple has been my favorite as long as I can remember.


As for the house, we're WAY excited! On Saturday, we got to choose most of the details of our new home... bricks & vinyl, flooring, cabinets, countertops, lighting- the works! It was so fun!! And contrary to what everyone told us- it was a fairly painless, fun afternoon! We laid out all the carpet samples- he tossed one out, I tossed one, him, me, until we got it down to three, and then we easily agreed on the middle shade that was left. I'm so happy that we get along so well and have such similar tastes!


We're back to doing the distance thing again this week. Rob left today for the Servpro national convention in Palm Springs. I miss him already, so I guess it's good that we already know how to handle being apart! Friday seems so far away right now!!!


My goal for the week while he's away: respond to all the emails I've been neglecting this past month. Being engaged is so busy and so much fun that I've become an even worse emailer than I already was! I promise, I'll catch up- please don't give up on me!

Come visit soon!

3 comments:

Jennifer Green said...

A HOUSE!! You didn't tell me that ya'll had bought a house! That's so exciting! It looks amazingly cute already!

Amy said...

Yay! Details!

I love your house. It looks a bit drafty, though. :) (haha--my sad attempt at a joke)

Glad the house stuff went smoothly. Just last night, Darryl and I were in Home Depot ordering some carpet that we had picked out and mutually agreed on. Just as we're about to place our order, Darryl picks up another sample and says, "What about this one?" Fortunately, I was able to keep him on task and we ordered our carpet! Fun, fun!

ellieandavasmommy said...

I'm a little jealous! Jeff and I have been married for 7 years and we just bought our first house! This is our 6th time to move, but I wouldn't change any of it. It was worth the wait. We're looking forward to September, too...because of Ava's arrival - but she's not due until the 24th or so. Congrats on the engagement and the house!!