Sunday, January 13, 2008

Second Attempt

Well, Rob and I are trying again to become homeowners! We submitted an offer last night, and now we wait. The home is currently owned by a bank, so the offer involves a little more paperwork, and a little more waiting to hear back whether or not it is accepted. This is harder than I thought it would be.
It's a great house! Two stories, three bedrooms, cool kitchen, big yard... I keep wondering why no one else has bought it! It was for sale last summer when we were looking, and I can't believe it hasn't been snatched up before now. My only hope is that God has been saving this one just for us!!
We are now more confident than ever that the "other" house (the one we tried to buy before we got married) was not meant to be ours. We've been reminded over and over that it wasn't God's best for us. In fact, we drove past it a few weeks ago, on the night we first went out exploring and looking for FOR SALE signs... no other houses on the block were finished yet, there were 2 dumpsters and a bulldozer across the street, there were no lights except for the lonely bulb over their garage. It was a little creepy- kind of like a ghost town- and I told Rob, "I'm SO happy that isn't where we live!" We have thanked God often that He kept us from that house.
I have to admit- I'm a little nervous. My home-buying experience is limited, but I don't exactly have any good experience to reference. And it doesn't help that I'm not what you would call a patient person. I want so badly to start thinking about where we'll put the furniture, and what color we'll paint the dining room, but I'm afraid to get too excited too soon. It's going to be a long week, waiting to hear back from the bank. Pray for me, that I wouldn't be anxious and distracted as we wait.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Good luck! I'll keep you in my prayers. I hope this experience is much better. :)