Sunday, March 08, 2009

Monthly Check-in

Well, I had good intentions to post several times this past month, but obviously that didn't happen. Oh well!

Things have been going really well for us lately. I finally got curtains hung in our living room- only a year after we moved in- and they totally change the room! I love them! We invited my inlaw's over to see the finished product and shared a little bit of my New Orleans heritage with them. We had a full-blown Mardi Gras celebration, with red beans & rice, jambalaya, king cake, and homemade beignets! And you can't have Mardi Gras without beads! It was a first for these Tennesseans, and I think they enjoyed it all. We might have to make this an annual tradition!



The Dixon Family Mardi Gras

I also made a trip home to see my family and go to my sister Kayla's first wedding shower. It was just us girls at home- no husbands allowed this time! We had a really good time catching up and celebrating with Kayla. I hope my mom will post some of the pictures soon (hint, hint)!

This weekend, Rob and I have been getting ready for a long-awaited trip. Actually, we've been preparing a lot longer than that! We're going back to the Czech Republic and Romania for a couple of weeks, and for a couple of reasons. Since before we got married, we've talked about going back to Europe together to show each other around the places we used to live. I'm so excited that we finally have this opportunity! While there, though, we'll also be seeking direction for a small-business ministry that Rob has been thinking about for years. I won't go into all the details here, but you can follow us on this trip for the next two weeks at Gypsy Business. Please check in for updates and keep us in your prayers!

No comments: