Saturday, October 03, 2009

This post brought to you by the letter Zzzzz

Sleep.

I miss you!

I find it pretty ironic, and somewhat heart wrenching, that everyone tells me, "You better sleep now because you won't get to sleep after the baby comes!" Well, obviously those people have never been 34 weeks pregnant! At this point in the game, sleep is a fond memory.
I love Sydney, but she's a night owl like her daddy. I lay down and she thinks that's her cue to practice tap dancing on my ribs. My doctor and all the books have said that I need to be sleeping on my left side. Apparently, Syd's not so crazy about that and she literally throws a tantrum when I try, pounding on the mattress or pillow underneath her. (I tried the right side too. Same results.) I usually end up laying on my back, slightly panting because I can barely breathe. And let's not even get into how ungraceful I am when I try to get up from my back! I have lots of opportunities every night to practice that getting up... bathroom runs, leg cramps... I'm wondering how much it would decrease the value of our home to install a pulley system in the ceiling of the master bedroom...
Seriously, though, I don't want to be a complainer. Overall, I've had a great pregnancy! I wasn't sick at all, I'm still feeling good enough to walk a couple of miles a day, my "hot" hormones didn't kick in until the fall weather arrived, and Rob has been an incredible support, doing more than his fair share of cooking and housework without complaint. He has also been more than happy to oblige my late-night-cravings for jalapeno poppers and root beer floats! I love feeling Sydney move around inside me (most of the time!) and I think I'm really going to miss that.
The reality is really starting to sink in that we are going to have a baby. And soon. Six weeks or less, soon. WOW! It's going to be the slowest and fastest six weeks of my life!

No comments: