Sunday, February 05, 2006

Colorado is COLD!!!

So I've been in Colorado since Thursday night, and the theme of the trip so far has been "Cold Feet" (and I'm not talking about my nerves!). I sat in one of the retreat sessions yesterday, and never took off my coat OR my mittens! And that was even with thermals under my jeans, 2 undershirts, and 2 pairs of socks!!! Now, there were students running around in t-shirts and flip flops, so maybe it was just me. But I doubt it!!
I've toured around Denver and Colorado Springs so far, and I'm in Boulder now. I've seen Mile-High Stadium, the Garden of the Gods, the Air Force Academy and Chapel, Pikes Peak, and the Flat Irons, and Canadian geese, a prairie dog, and a wolf. It's been a lot of fun, in spite of the harassment I got yesterday from the guys who work in Colorado Springs. (They were driving me around town and said something about Pikes Peak, and I innocently asked, "Which one is that?" Apparently they thought it was obviously the biggest mountain, but they didn't understand that they're all enormous to me!)
Even though it's winter and everything is pretty much brown, it's all beautiful. The landscape is so much different from what I'm used to! The mountains have served as a visual reminder that God is so huge, and I am so small. As I've been praying about whether or not this is where God wants me to serve, I've been overcome by the fact that the same God who created the giant mountains loves me enough to be concerned with the details of my life.

What a wildly wonderful world, God! You made it all, with
Wisdom at your side, made earth overflow with your wonderful creations.
psalm 104:24 (the message)


Please pray with me that God would reveal clearly if this is where He wants me to serve, or if I should continue to wait on Him.

2 comments:

Glo said...

I am praying for you Jess, asking God to reveal His awesome plan and purpose to you!
Glo

RC said...

I'm glad your enjoying colorado's coldness..not getting much in Texas today.

But at least it's a dry climate in CO...it doesn't chill you to the bones the way it does in other places.

:-)