Thursday, August 06, 2009

Hello Again

Yes, I know it's been a while since I posted anything. Ok, Ok- a LOOOONNNGGGG while. BUT- in my defense, I predicted that it was going to be a busy summer, and it absolutely has been just that!
Here's the quick recap...


June

I made a quick trip to Louisville for the Southern Baptist Convention for work. It was a good time of networking, but I was pretty distracted the whole time, mostly because I knew we would have an important ultrasound the day I got back! We had the ultrasound on a Wednesday afternoon, saw that everything was healthy, and had the tech write down the gender and place it in a sealed envelope that we didn't open until that Sunday (yes, we waited FOUR DAYS!!!) I wanted to keep it a secret until after my sister's wedding, so that meant I couldn't know either. We had a wonderful, humidity filled weekend in Baton Rouge with my family, the wedding was sweltering but beautiful, and then my mom got to open the big news on Sunday morning... "You're having a GIRL!!!!" Rob and I are beyond thrilled that Sydney ________ (middle name still undecided) will be joining our family in November!



July

We had our second trip of the summer to Washington DC for the Servpro national convention. We flew out on July 4 so that we could see the fireworks behind the Washington Monument from the National Mall- incredible! The highlight of the week, though, was when Rob was named Servpro's Rookie of the Year for 2008. I'm so wildly proud of him- he has worked very hard to grow a successful business and I was thrilled for him to receive this recognition. Sydney started getting bigger and stronger, and kicked hard enough for her daddy to feel her for the first time.

There's a lot more I want to update about, but I'm just not feeling it tonight. I started this post a few days ago, so I'll just put it out there and write more later. Adios for now...

No comments: