Sunday, August 27, 2006

What a week!

It has been a whirlwind week in my little corner of the world, and I've loved every minute of it! I was thinking this morning that I should have re-instated my old updates before venturing into this new ministry at the BCM, but I didn't, so I'm thinking about using the blog instead. My goal is to have at least a weekly update every Sunday... hold me accountable!
School started this week at UAB. I spent a lot of time on campus, meeting with students and attending welcome-week events. I've got 11 girls that I'll be meeting with weekly, and was somehow able to schedule all 11 last week without any schedule conflicts. It's a lot, but they're a great group of girls and I'm having fun with it! We had our first Thursday-night worship at the BCM with 160-180 students! (That's nearly double what they averaged last year) I only hope we can keep that momentum.
And as if I didn't have enough going on, Starbucks finally opened this week too! Wednesday and Thursday we had pre-opening "Friends & Family" days, and the big day was Friday. It's going really well so far, and I'm enjoying meeting our new regular customers.
Saturday I got a special delivery at work- a huge bouquet of yellow & white daisies (my favorite flowers!)- from my favorite Tennessean... I love surprises like that! Isn't he great?
I'm so grateful for all that God is doing in my life. I know that all these good things are a result of His work, not mine. I'm just happy that I get to be a part of it!
You can be praying for several things this coming week... Monday I'll be going to Birmingham Southern College to meet students and spread the word about a weekly Bible study we'll be starting there. Thursday, I'll lead the first in a series of four freshmen Bible studies before our regular weekly worship- ask God to speak through me to reach the new students at UAB. Also remember worship Thur. night and all the student-led Bible studies that are starting on campus this week. And to finish the week, I'll get to drive home to Louisiana next Friday to spend the weekend with my family.
Let me hear from you sometime.... I miss ya'll!

1 comment:

Glo said...

Thanks for the update! Sounds like things are going well. I will be praying for you as you lead the Freshman Bible Study.