Monday, July 18, 2005

Genesis 9:13

I saw a rainbow tonight as I was driving to the coffee shop. I was thankful for the reminder of God’s faithfulness.

So, the big news is that I’m now gainfully employed! YAY!!! I’ll start working at Starbucks this Wednesday, and I’m pretty excited about it. I definitely think it’s a job I’ll enjoy. I am so ready to be working in an environment that will regularly put me in contact with lost people. Not that I didn’t love working at the RAC, because I did. It’s just that I was a light in a sea of lights, and I’m excited about spending some time in the dark, letting my light shine.

God and I had a really good talk last night. I want to share a few of the thoughts I wrote in my journal last night…

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is too high- I cannot attain it. Psalm 139:6

God is a mystery- and I think I like that about Him. How much better is it that God knows all and I don’t. He knows everything I did and everything I thought today, and He knows exactly what my tomorrow will look like too.

This life is kind of like a birthday, or Christmas.
I know (or at least I think I know) what I want and what would make me happiest.
Sometimes I tell people exactly what I want. Other times I say, “it doesn’t
matter,” but there’s always some desire. There is always anticipation before
receiving the gifts, except it’s not the same when I know what I’m getting.
There’s just a little more adrenaline when you unwrap a surprise. There’s
something fun & exciting about not knowing what you’re about to get.

And that’s life, too. It’s mysterious and exciting!
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me. Thank you for surprising me Lord.

It's been a good day. I love it when God reminds me of His presence and His care for me. Thanks for all the prayers- my times with the Lord have been sweet the past few days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I am so glad that you found a job and especially one you will probably love. Thanks for the update!

Tommy

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess! Thanks for keeping us updated! You are such a good writer...I look forward to reading about your adventures! Congrats on the job...I just returned from Starbucks...It will be a good reminder for me pray for you each time I go there!

Anonymous said...

Hope things went well for you in the new job! I could never work there, as it would induce a caffeine contact high that would have me as jittery as Barney Fife about to fire his pistol!

David Wike