Saturday, July 30, 2005

Craziness!

Last night I was talking to my little sister, Kayla, and I told her I was thinking about trying a Spinning class. "Why?! Spinning people are CRAZY!! That stuff is nuts!" she told me. I'd never actually seen a Spinning class before- just read about them and thought it could be cool. But I also had already told my friend Rosalyn and her mom that I would meet them at the gym this morning for the class!
Now, if you don't know what Spinning is, it's an insanely intense workout on a stationary bike. You are constantly standing up, then back down, then up, then down (you get the picture) and all the while adjusting the tension to simulate riding up & down hills. I can't remember the last time I sweated so much in an hour! Kayla was right- it IS crazy- but I had fun, and I think I might try it again.
As a result of my spinning class, though, I had a rough afternoon at work- my legs were SORE and it was hard to stand for several hours straight. Triple venti, half-calf, 4 pump, sugar-free hazelnut, non-fat Latte, anyone?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica, I love reading your journal entries. They are always so encouraging. Referring to the previous post - I love reading Oswald. This morning I read mine and then thought about how every night in Kenya you would read it to us in our tent. That was tons of fun. Hope you are doing well. Talk to you later! Have a good week. ~ Brooke

Glo said...

Jess....can't say I share your interest in spinning...once was enough for me!

jason7655 said...

I would not be able to walk